Planning & Development Department
The Department of Planning & Development is responsible for all land use, policy and development planning activities for the Town.
Committee of Adjustment
The Committee of Adjustment has been delegated the authority, under the Planning Act, to review and make decisions on applications regarding the subdivision of land (Provisional Consent) and minor variances to the regulations of the Zoning By-law.
- Committee Information (about, members, schedule of dates)
- Consents (Severance) - Application (PDF)
- Minor Variance - Application (PDF)
The Planning and Development Department is responsible for the processing and management of all development applications, including but not limited to Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Site Plan Control Approval, plans of subdivision, plans of condominium, and multi-unit residential/commercial/industrial developments. For a complete listing of application fees as set out in the Composite Fee By-law 2011-7 please click here. Please note that the Town has instituted a mandatory consultation meeting for the following applications as of September 10, 2013. Please download and complete the consultation form and contact the Planning and Building Services Department to schedule a consultation meeting.
- Consultation Form
- Development Charges
- Official Plan Amendment - Application (PDF) (see Notice Signs - Procedures and Protocols below)
- Site Plan Approval - Application (PDF)
- Subdivisions and Condominium - Application (PDF) (see Notice Signs - Procedures and Protocols below)
- Zoning By-law Amendment - Application (PDF) (see Notice Signs - Procedures and Protocols below)
- Zoning Certificate Application
Policies and Regulations
The Planning and Development Department is responsible for ensuring conformity to the Town's Official Plan, the Zoning By-law, and related Provincial Planning Policies and legislation.
- NEW - Notice Signs - Procedure and Protocols (applies to Official Plan Amendment Applications, Zoning By-law Amendment Applications, Draft Plan of Subdivision Applications and Draft Plan of Condominium Applications)
- Approved Landscape Species List
- Official Plan
- Municipal Addressing Manual (Oct 2010)
- Protocol for Telecommunications Towers
- Secondary Suites
- Site Plan Control By-law 2013-13
- Sign By-Law
- Zoning By-Law
Studies and Reports
The Planning and Development Department also undertakes strategic research and analyses on a wide range of planning issues. The following lists the studies undertaken by the Department:
- Citizens' Guides to Land Use Planning
- Land Use Planning Guide for Businesses
- Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit - Healthy Community Design